Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shenanigan's are my specialty!

I do like April Fool's! It's the day I look forward to the most all year! I usually plan for it for about 6 months prior to the actual event, but this year I was a bit more spontaneous! And as a result, I was able to pranks at least 40 of my friends! hehe I'm SO excited! Here are a list of my pranks, along with the results:
  • I emailed my entire dragon boat team and told them that I was quitting the team to move to Alberta for a great job opportunity. I started getting replies almost immediately! I almost felt guilty for doing it, since they were writing me such wonderful things about how much they would miss me, but I remembered how fun it was so the guilt passed. Until poor Alanna..she had received the message at 8:30am, and I was asleep until 3:30pm, so she spent all day texting, calling, emailing..she was so upset! When I broke the news to her, she was actually crying with relief! Okay..so maybe I felt a bit guilty after that..but not enough to stop me from laughing!
  • I changed my relationship status on facebook to "in a relationship" and received at least 30 messages from friends wanting the "scoop"!
  • At work, I left a fake poop on a plate in the cupboard, taped the fridge shut, left a note for the manager telling him that the stove caught fire the night before, and rigged the shower to spray the face of the staff who went to turn it on..hehe And I got a call at 7:45am by that staff member telling me that she was NOT impressed that she was now soaking wet! hahah Still not feeling too guilty..
  • I called a friend to tell her that I had given my 2 weeks notice at work because I accepted a position elsewhere. She was SO excited for me! Until I told her it was in Ft.St. John..and then she got all quiet and kept saying "I'm TRYING to be happy for you" And then I told her that it was a joke and boy was she ticked! hahahaha (Oh, Karen..you are SO fun to tease!)

Yes, today is the day when lying is acceptable, and admitting to it is even funnier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are SUCH a BRAT!!!

Kaz said...

Krista takes pleasure in other people's perceived pain.