Sunday, September 23, 2007

Inspirations come at the oddest times..

I suppose it helps that I'm a night owl..cuz when I get the urge to go out and take photos, it usually comes at the oddest times. Tonite, I was compelled to leave my home at nearly 1am to go out and see what I could get! Glad I listened to my urges..hehe

This one is taken from up in Highland Park, a mountainside view of Abbotsford and Mission. The view used to be so much better before a bunch of rich snobs decided to develop it into a neighbourhood!

I then ventured down to Matsqui Village and made a pit stop. The brightness of the moon caught my eye and I knew there was a little slough/creek under the bridge. Glad I checked it out!
Another perspective.. After I left the village, I ventured down to the Matsqui Park, under the Abby/Mission Bridge. As I parked my car at the "do not enter" gate and hoofed it in with my camera and tripod, I started to get a bit (okay alot) nervous! I mean..honestly..how stupid am I to go into a park that closes at 8pm and is probably riddled with nasty homeless people? Well, like I said, when I get the urge to get a photo, it's hard to resist! I just hoped that if I stepped on someone sleeping, that they'd have a shopping cart to slow them down when they were chasing me!


But, ignoring my fears were worth it, hey? SO pretty! Oh, this is on the Abbotsford side of the Fraser River, looking towards Mission.

Same place, but looking at the train bridge instead. As I was walking away (cuz I had TOTALLY creeped myself out at this point..every horror movie I'd ever seen or tried to ignore ran thru my brain...)I noticed a train coming, so I reset up my tripod and waited..can you see it moving on the bridge?

3 comments:

Faye said...

Those are breath-taking Krista. The moon on the creek is almost haunting. I'm not sure if scolding you about going to Matsqui Park in the wee hours of the morning would stop you from other night time prowls, but it creeps me out too. The pics are SO worth the goosebumps though! Wow!!! Yes, I do see the train crossing the bridge...it's like another world after dark.

Estelle said...

simply beautiful!

Kaz said...

LOVE. IT. Looking forward to our "night adventures" this weekend!!! I think that the scariest ones will be us!!!!