Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Urge Strikes Again..

After speeding across Abbotsford to try and get high enough to get some shots of the sunset, and missing it by minutes, I decided that I would not go home empty-memory-carded! So, I called up a fellow photog. buff (Pam!), picked her up in Mission and we started on the hunt for some great photos! We started out by going back under the bridge that I was at last week, but too chicken to really go far all by myself! So, we ventured a little further under the bridge this time. Funny how having another person with you, and going at 8pm instead of 2am, makes things alot less creepy!

This shot is of a train coming across the flats towards the bridge to get into Mission. I thought it would look neat if I left my shutter open..

I'm surprised this photo worked out..the shutter was open at least 20 seconds..and the horse barely moved!
Here's the same bridge from last week, but this time we were almost under it. I like this perspective better! One more while we're at it!Here's the same farm that had the horse, but from a different angle. The moon started to make it's presence known and things got really gorgeous from here on out!After we left from under the bridge, we just started driving! Took Hwy 7 thru Mission and towards Deroche. I decided to make a pit stop on a dyke close to where my dad high grounded his boat a few years ago (long story..quite humourous now!). I believe it's the Nicomen Slough or something. Anyhow, it was gorgeous, so I pulled over. Pam looked to her right and refused to get out on account there was a large corn field on her side of the car. She said she gets freaked out by the corn fields because of a horror movie she saw..and I stopped her explanation and said if I heard it, I too would not be getting out of the car, so I went out on my own! About 5 seconds later, I heard this high pitched screech go from the passenger side of my car and lasted until it was next to me..it was Pam! hehe She had freaked herself out sitting in the car and had to come stand next to me! Turns out, it was some horror movie about aliens coming out of the corn fields..hahaHere is Harrison River near Harrison Mills/Kilby. It's not the clearest picture, but our cameras had troubles focusing. Pam again got freaked out here because she was reminded that we were in Sasquatch country..literally! There are signs everywhere..Anyhow, she kept hearing "large animals" swimming and splashing in the river, so I looked around and remembered I had fished there a few years ago with my dad..and it's the same time of year..the Salmon run! We heard salmon after salmon jumping in the water! Oh, how I wish I had a rod and reel!Lake Errock..this is the spot that Pam wouldn't go to..she waited in my car..cuz I snuck down the driveway of an empty looking house and went to their beach front for this shot..Only problem was, I kept hearing branches cracking and leaves falling. And if you know me well, you know that even playing hide and go seek makes my bladder fill and I get all excited and have to pee REALLY bad! So, on my own, by a lake, surrounded by trees, strange noises..I set up my tripod, started the camera, took 5 steps back, took the fastest pee I ever took, snapped off 2 more pictures and ran back to the car!Another gorgeous shot of Lake Errock
Ah..the last shot of the nite. It might be Agassiz, or Rosedale. I'm not sure. It's on the highway in between Kilby and Agassiz and I pulled over and ran over to the side of the road for this shot. It's not the best, but it was the best of the 2 I took. Problem was, this stupid dog kept barking and barking and it was annoying me..not to mention the loud rustling I heard coming from about 15 feet from my car..again, I was in Sasquatch country! I ran quite quickly back to my car after this shot! And then peeled out of there! Ya, by the way, I'm not the person you want to watch a scary movie with..nope, don't do it. You'll regret it.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, truly gorgeous work!! You have skills girl!

Anonymous said...

Great photographs Krista, you do have talent:) Keep it up:) Maybe you can teach me a thing or 2 about how to get the great pics you take, I promise I won't steal them...lol

Bunny said...

Gorgeous! You are an amazing photographer.

Mike, Lyndsay, Bayleigh, Carter and Grace said...

absolutly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Krista Your photographs throughout your blog are spectacular! WooHoo!!!